Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Priceless Heritage of Hope

Last weekend The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints had it's 
Semi-Annual General Conference.  Learn more here.  
President Eyring gave a talk entitled A Priceless Heritage of Hope 
that I really enjoyed for a couple reasons.
First - As President Eyring spoke of his great-grandfather and the history of hope he laid, I had a spirit of gratitude run through my body for the incredible heritage of hope my ancestors laid for me.  Closest to home would be my parents.  They gave me what I consider to be the greatest gift I have, my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Even when life hasn't turned out anywhere close to how they thought it would, they have maintained their faith and endure forward.  



Also included in that awesome heritage of hope are my grandparents.  I'm one of those lucky people who still have both sets of grandparents living.  They are incredible examples of enduring to the end, faithfully.  I know they sacrificed so much of their lives for the betterment of their children.  It's reassuring to know that at any point all of them would do anything in their power to help me.  I appreciate their love and support.

Grandpa & Grandma Arnell
Grandma & Grandpa Snell
Second - President Eyring then went on to talk about the covenants we make and how as we do, the same heritage of hope is laid for our posterity.  As a newly married woman and hopefully a mother one day, I felt the spirit testify to me that it is my responsibility to pass this knowledge and heritage along.  I have felt the power of my ancestors buoy me in challenging times and I know it's helped keep me on the right path back to my Father in Heaven.  It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time, but I'm grateful for the opportunity to listen to living prophets and have the spirit testify that when the time comes I won't be doing it alone.  

Click here to watch, listen to or read President Eyring's talk. 

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Loved this! We are incredibly blessed!!!